REFSQ2020 Online Event Instructions
As you know, REFSQ2020, originally planned to take place in Pisa, will be held as a Online Live Event. Here you find some instructions to make the most of the REFSQ2020 experience.
1. Instructions for Registered Participants
Access to the event
- Go to the Page of the Event: https://refsq2020.myquadra.it/login/
- Your credentials to access the event have been sent to you via email. These credentials allow you access to ALL REFSQ2020 events, from Tuesday to Friday.
- If you have problems with access, please contact: leonardo.bruscolini @ fclassevents.com (with CC: alessio.ferrari @ isti.cnr.it)
Access to the electronic proceedings
During the week of the REFSQ 2020 conference (June 22 - June 29) and for the following three weeks, registered participants can avail a free access to the conference proceedings from the welcome page of the conference website.
Workshops and Doctoral Symposium
These are organised as ZOOM meetings, so every participant can see each other and everyone can interact with the chat function.
- Navigating the ZOOM meetings:
1. On the main page, select the ZOOM meeting you are interested in, and you will be able to take part to the meeting
2. If you want to change meeting, press Leave, and go back to the main page
- Asking questions during the presentations: You should use the chat function, and the session chair will take care of collecting the questions, and ask them at the end of the presentation. Please add the name of the presenter to your question.
Conference and Industry Day
These will be organised as ZOOM webinars, so only the presenters will be visible.
- Navigating the live presentations:
1. On the main page, select the ZOOM webinar you are interested in
2. If you want to change webinar, press Leave, and go back to the main page
- Asking questions during the presentations: You should use the Q&A function, and the session chair will take care of collecting the questions, and ask them at the end of each presentation. You can also ask for clarification with the Q&A function. Please add the name of the presenter to your question.
- Direct interaction with the speakers: during the break, exit the webinar, go to the main page, and access the room called “Break”, which is a ZOOM meeting with several breakout rooms, one for each paper discussed in the previous session. Here you can interact with the speaker of interest, who will moderate questions and answers.
Check information at https://refsq.org/conference-programme/live-studies
Live Study 1:On the Relevance of Requirements Smells - An Industrial Survey.
You can respond to the survey also now at: https://ww2.unipark.de/uc/ReqSmells/
Live Study 2:Exploring the influence of the emotional state on the efficiency for correcting defects in conceptual models: a live study.
This is a live study performed during the conference.
- Register here:https://forms.gle/Yii9rx6pMyg4E2Y16
- Access the room associated with the Live Study (Room 2, on Thursday 25 June 2020, from 14:15 to 15:15), and follow the instructions of the organisers.
Posters and Tools
- During the whole conference, you can see the demo/poster pitches during the breaks if you remain in the webinar.
- You can access an extended presentation of each demo/poster, by going to the dedicated page which is accessible from the main page.
- On Thursday 25 June, between 15.30 and 16.10, you can directly interact with the posters’ presenters. There will be a meeting room with several breakout rooms dedicated to that. Ask the host to be directed to the room of your interest by indicating the name of the poster presenter.
- On Friday 26 June, between 15:30 and 16:30, there will be the presentation of the best poster and best tool demo.
A social event will be held on Wednesday between 17.30 and 18.30 in the room "Break". Be prepared to chat with other participants with a drink of your choice (mandatory), and some typical food from your country (optional).
No dress code---in the sense that you can wear what you want, not that you should be naked.
Recording of the presentations and access to the recordings
- All conference presentations will be recorded.
- You will be able to see all the presentations by accessing the link that will be sent to you after the end of the event.
2. Instructions for Conference and Industry Speakers
Here are some instructions on how you will present and interact with the audience.
- All sessions will be performed as ZOOM webinars, so only the speakers, the session chairs, and the host (our technical staff) will be visible to each other and to the attendees.
- You will receive an email with the credentials to access the event. If you do not receive the credentials by June 21, please send an email to: leonardo.bruscolini AT fclassevents.com
- From the main page of the event, access the ZOOM webinar for which you are a speaker. You will initially appear as a normal attendee. After few moments, you will appear as a “panelist”, like all the speakers and session chairs. If this does not happen, contact the host through the chat function.
- Start your presentation. The session chair will communicate with you through the chat function or vocally, if you are running out of time.
- During each presentation, the session chair will collect questions for you from the Q&A function.
At the end of the presentation, the session chair will ask you the questions.
IMPORTANT: During the break that follows your session, please leave the webinar, and go to the ZOOM meeting “Break”, where several breakout rooms are available. Ask the host to be sent to the breakout room with your name and answer the questions of the audience. You will be in charge of managing the meeting.
3. Instructions for Posters and Tools Presenters
You should have already sent us your pitch and your presentation, which will be loaded on the event page and made available to the audience for the whole conference.
If you did not, please contact us as soon as possible: nosellotti AT expomeeting.it (and CC: alessio.ferrari AT isti.cnr.it ).
Here are some instructions on how you will directly interact with the audience.
- On Thursday 25 of June, between 15:30 and 16:10, a ZOOM meeting will be organised as a parallel session for the posters and tools.
- The meeting has a breakout room for each poster presenter. Go to the room Break, and ask the host to be directed to your room using the chat function. Answer the questions from the participants who are in the room.
- If your submission is selected as the best tool or demo, you will be given a slot on Friday (between 15.30 and 16:30) in which you can present to a wider audience. The PC chairs and P&T chairs will communicate with you on Thursday in case you are selected.
4. Instructions for Session Chairs
All sessions will be performed as ZOOM webinars, so only the speakers, the session chairs, and the host (our technical staff) will be visible.
Here are some instructions on your expected duties:
- From the main page of the event, which will be sent to you as a registered participant, access the ZOOM webinar for which you are session chair. Initially, you will appear as all the other attendees. After few moments, you will appear as a “panelist”, like all the speakers. If this does not happen, contact the host through the chat function.
- You should introduce the speaker and ensure to specify the type of paper the speaker is going to present: technical design, scientific evaluation, research preview, or vision paper.
- Keep track of the time. Remember that each paper is given 12 minutes for presentation and 8 minutes for questions. If you see that the speaker is going out of time, please use the chat function to communicate with her or him, or interrupt him vocally.
- During each presentation, you will collect questions from the Q&A function.
- Ask the collected questions at the end of the presentation.
- Check if further clarifications are required looking in the Q&A function.
- IMPORTANT: At the end of the session, please invite the attendees to interact with the speakers. To do so, the participants need to leave the meeting, and access the “Break” room, which is a ZOOM meeting with several breakout rooms, one for each speaker. The speakers will make themselves available in the rooms.
5. Instructions for Workshop and Doc. Symposium Organisers
These events will be organised as ZOOM meetings, so every participant can see each other and everyone can interact with the chat function. Here are the instructions about how to manage the interaction among participants within the ZOOM meetings.
- From the main page of the event which will be sent to you as a registered participant, access the ZOOM meeting for which you are an organiser.
- Please feel free to handle the ZOOM meeting in the way you prefer. However, we recommend collecting questions through the chat function during the presentations, and then ask them at the end of the presentation. Consider that our staff will be there to resolve possible problems.
- If you want to create breakout rooms for direct interaction with the speakers, for example during the breaks, please contact the host during the meeting, and he will create the rooms for you.
- If you want to run a backup presentation in case some speaker has problems, please contact the host.