UtrechtUtrecht is the heart of the Netherlands, a city with full of vitality. The historical city center is small enough to explore on foot but large enough to enjoy world class festivals, modern architecture, trendy shops and interesting museums for days on end.
Check the official visit-utrecht web site for the upcoming events, things to do, and more.
Getting to Utrecht
- Amsterdam Schiphol: ca. 34 mins
- Rotterdam The Hague Airport: ca. 1 hour 30 mins
- Eindhoven Airport: ca. 1 hour 25 mins
Travel description from Amsterdam Schiphol airport
Travel description from Eindhoven airport
- Amsterdam: ca. 27 mins
- Brussels: ca. 2 hours 30 mins
- Paris (Gare du Nord): ca. 3 hours 30 minutes
We highly recommend booking your accommodation for the conference at your earliest convenience due to the high demand for hotels in Utrecht. Please keep in mind that nearby locations such as Zeist, De Bilt, Bunnik and Leidsche Rijn are also convenient to reach by public transportation.
Public Transportation in the Netherlands
The Netherlands has a metropolitan transportation system, you can travel by train, bus, tram, and other forms of public transporatition with a single travel card or
you can purchase paper tickets for each leg of your travel, however the latter costs more.
- OV-Chipkaart: The OV-chip card is a public transport card which is accepted by all operators. You can buy an anonymous OV-chip card for € 7.5. You can buy an OV-Chipkaart at the station hall of the Schiphol Airport. You can also buy one at the Utrecht Central station and load one, two, or three day tickets.
- TripKey: TripKey is another nation-wide card that you can register before your arrival to the Netherlands and pick it up from one of the service points, including the ones at the Schiphol Airport and VVV Utrecht in Domplein, Utrecht. More detailed information can be found on the TripKey website.