- The Steering Committee (SC) appoints the Scientific Programme Chairs.
- The Scientific Programme Chairs appoint the other chairs and the programme committee.
- The Scientific Programme Chairs become members of the SC upon their appointment, and will remain members until 4 years after the instance of REFSQ for which they are responsible.
- The SC decides on location and appoints the Head of Local Organization, who takes the financial responsibility of each conference instance and nominates the Industry Programme Chair.
- Two members of the SC are elected as Chair and Vice-Chair, respectively, by a vote of the SC members.
- The SC Chair and SC Vice-Chair serve for 3 years.